Dunnage Airbags for transportation
Main purpose of air bags – to protect and stabilize cargos. Introduced around 1970, dunnage bags provide convenient and cost-effective cargo stabilization in ISO sea containers, closed railcars, trucks, and oceangoing vessels. As improperly secured cargo is a safety hazard, dunnage bags improve road safety. According to the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Mobility and Transport, “up to 25% of accidents involving trucks can be attributable to inadequate cargo securing”.
Air bags is worth to use, because:
- Of time saving: it needs only few seconds to place and inflate the bags, and then only couple minutes to reinforce all container;
- Easy to use: for employees, it is much easier to place and inflate bag, than fulfill container with old wood pallets or other fillings;
- Reliable (trustworthy): airbags can handle up to 30 tones pressure;
- Flexible: while inflating airbags, it oppresses the cargo, making it stable during transportation. Depending on type of airbags, they have huge or very huge resistance to puncture.
- Safe and stable: airbags reduce pallets or other products from moving.
- Saving: in comparison with other void space fulfilling solutions, air bags are one of the cheapest solution.
Airbag’s size is being chosen by the cargo specifications and spaces between. Maximum width of inflated airbag is up to 45 cm. From airbag’s expansion depends holding force. For example, if space is 10 cm and if the airbag is 100×220, it will keep up to 20 tones pressure.
Airbag dimensions, depending on the size of pallet.
Dimensions in cm.
Depending on the purpose there is an opportunity to choose between paper (kraft) and woven polypropylene material. Polypropylene woven airbags woven material provides greater tear strength, and superior moisture resistance than most other dunnage bag materials, but on the land roads are more popular paper airbags. Contact with us and we will help you to find the best solution.